This is Who We Are
At Pinewood, we shape our students' growth through a more intentional way of learning:
- Ensuring all students learn from passionate experts
- Creating a disciplined yet joyful culture of public self‐expression
- Upholding high academic expectations
- Setting grounded examples for upstanding behavior
- Leading students through a proven curriculum that fosters creativity, passion for learning, and further exploration
Through this more intentional way of learning, Pinewood students grow as considerate, adventurous, expressive, self-aware young people, prepared for their top‐choice colleges and for meaningful and productive lives.
Expectations + Values
We are committed to the intellectual development of our students and assume that students who come to Pinewood care about learning and are eager to participate actively in their education. “Pinewood is the Difference” and we take pride in making this a reality.
Pinewood values the strengths and rich content of a classical education. Students master the foundational knowledge essential for developing higher level thinking skills (creativity, analysis, critical thinking).
Pinewood students realize that confidence is the willingness to attempt a difficult task no matter what the outcome and, therefore, are not afraid to try new challenges. They increase their academic stamina as they experience the rewards of tenacity and focus.
Grades K-6 Expectations + Values
Our Lower Campus and Middle Campus students (K-6) are committed to:
- treating fellow students and teachers with kindness and respect.
- taking responsibility for their personal actions.
- being honest at all times.
- using uplifting language.
- putting forth a best effort.
Grades 7-12 Expectations + Values
- Our Upper Campus students pursue and embrace the acronym WISCR (a reference to the Pinewood Panther mascot). The WISCRs summarize the expected learning outcomes for all our students and integrate Pinewood’s goals and objectives into the daily classroom environment.
- All prospective students seeking admission to Pinewood School’s Upper Campus are asked to read and sign the following statement acknowledging their acceptance and support of our standards of behavior: Statement of Mutual Goals and Standards.
Our Board of Directors
The members of Pinewood’s Board of Directors have given a lifetime of dedication to the school. They are committed to the integrity of the past, the stability of the present, and the viability of the future. The core values and responsibilities of the Board are to:
- offer a strong curriculum that prepares students to succeed at universities, colleges, and in their chosen profession.
- build a foundation of values, attitudes, knowledge, and habits that maximize personal potential and fulfillment.
- provide an atmosphere of dignity, character, wholesomeness, and respect.
- maintain a strong financial base and sound financial leadership.
“Pinewood is an exemplary school where hard work, kindness, and respect are the core values. This has made a difference in our lives.”
– Pinewood Parent