A behind-the-scenes look at what makes our Pinewood girls basketball team a powerhouse with heart
Join Our Team
We are looking for applicants who have vision, energy, a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working with motivated, college-bound students.
Pinewood School is seeking a full-time grades 3-6 learning specialist for the 2019-2020 school year who is passionate about teaching and meeting the needs of elementary grade students with mild learning differences within a rich and rigorous curriculum. The learning specialist will work collaboratively with the Principal of Middle Campus (3-6).
The responsibilities of the Learning Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Working with faculty to identify students who are having academic difficulties and who may be in need of learning support
- Working with students one on one or in small groups who need learning support connected to the curriculum in order to be successful in the classroom Observing students in and outside of class in order to provide feedback to teachers, parents, and principals to better serve the needs of the students
- Guiding teachers on how to differentiate instruction for a variety of learning styles
- Collaborating effectively with teachers in order to implement recommended classroom accommodations and interventions
- Case management of students with learning differences
- Making referrals to appropriate outside specialists
- Preparing and presenting documentation regarding students receiving services to teachers and administrators, including summaries of the students’ learning disabilities, learning styles, type of support being offered
- Reviewing screenings and evaluations with parents, teachers, and evaluators to design a support plan
- Providing professional development for teachers
- Attending grade-level meetings and following up on any recommendations for action that arise at those meetings
- Providing feedback to teachers on a regular basis
- Communicating effectively with parents on a regular basis regarding students’ needs and/or progress
- Attending regular monthly faculty meetings
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in classroom teaching and a master's degree in learning disabilities or a related field and will be able to provide at least three professional references. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, do not discriminate against employees or applicants in any aspect of our employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other category protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. We similarly do not engage in or permit discrimination on the basis of any category protected by applicable local, state, or federal law with regard to the administration of Pinewood School's admissions policies or school programs and activities.