K-6 Maker Clubs create interactive arcade games constructed from cardboard
Join Our Team
We are looking for applicants who have vision, energy, a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working with motivated, college-bound students.
Pinewood is seeking a Director of Alumni Relations who will work as a member of Pinewood’s collaborative Advancement team to build a robust, supportive, connected alumni community that supports the school in many ways. The right candidate will also assist with Advancement team functions as needed that relate to Development, gift processing, data base management, and event support. The Director of Alumni Relations must possess excellent interpersonal skills to develop the relationships required to build increasing alumni engagement with the School, and the experience necessary to implement a strategy to drive Development support from this important constituency.
The Alumni Relations Director
- Builds upon alumni loyalty to the school
- Cultivates alumni as a Development constituency
- Solicits and stewards individual alumni donors
- Partners with active alumni donors in identifying and engaging with other prospective Pinewood alumni donors
- Increases involvement of alumni in internship, college admission, and job placement assistance and related professional networking
The Director of Alumni Relations reports to the Director of Advancement, and supports the Advancement Team, consisting of the Associate Director of Development and the Director of Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and oversee an effective alumni relations strategy that gains momentum in building engagement with, and support from the alumni constituency.
- Work together with the Director of Advancement to ensure effective coordination of campaign goals, timing and messaging across programs to ensure School branding and guidelines are consistent.
- Elevate participation of alumni giving year-over-year.
- Manage all alumni relations efforts, which include planning and executing alumni events such as reunions, social gatherings, alumni sporting events, etc.
- Collaborate with Pinewood’s faculty and college counseling department to bring alumni into students’ lives through college tours, senior internships, or class visits that inspire students, enhance learning, provide exposure to the world beyond the classroom and create meaningful ties between alumni and students.
- Develop relationships with alumni to effectively communicate School news and to solicit news from this important constituency.
- Oversee alumni relationships and records in the database, ensuring current contact information, class notes, and notes on alumni invitations and attendance for specific events is current and correct.
- Gather and edit alumni class notes and author stories of alumni success to share in print and digital publications and formats.
- Attend school events that alumni will attend to foster and nurture these relationships.
- Represent the unique culture of Pinewood School.
- Database management
- Research support
- Event support: donation/sponsorship outreach, item processing, general logistics and day-of support
- General administrative support as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Director of Alumni Relations must possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience, including Development, and proficiency in database, and social media management. Independent school, or other non-profit organization experience desirable.
The Director of Alumni Relations must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and very strong interpersonal skills that are required to connect with a wide variety of alumni and School staff (Admissions, Arts, Athletics), and faculty to succeed in this role. The right candidate will be organized, personable, capable of ensuring adherence to School communications policies and procedures, and very importantly, genuinely enjoy the culture of a small, nurturing, college-prep independent K-12 school.
Qualified candidates may e-mail resume and cover letter to Melanie Hatchell, Director of Advancement, Pinewood School at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, do not discriminate against employees or applicants in any aspect of our employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other category protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. We similarly do not engage in or permit discrimination on the basis of any category protected by applicable local, state, or federal law with regard to the administration of Pinewood School's admissions policies or school programs and activities.