Parent communication, education, and participation are crucial elements in the educational success of every student. We hope you find the following information useful during the coming year. Please feel free to contact your Parent Representative or a member of our faculty or staff if you have any questions.
- Pinewood School website
- Veracross Database Management system - student academic progress and Pinewood community information
- Faculty email and voicemail
- Parent/teacher conferences (by request) - parents are welcome to conference with a teacher at any time
- Pinewood Times - a monthly newsletter that includes a calendar of events and school and student highlights
- Pinewood Weekly - a weekly email listing of Pinewood events that are open to the K-12 community
- Back to School Nights
- Common Ground Speaker Series - an opportunity for parents to learn from experts in the fields of education and parenting, and to share ideas with other parents. Click here for additional information.
- College Information Nights for Parents - conducted by the College Counseling Office and available to parents of students in grades 9-12.
- Campus sponsored information events.
- The representatives coordinate our parent volunteers and also meet regularly with the administration to facilitate the flow of information between the school and the parent community.
- Email addresses and telephone numbers for all parent representatives may be accessed through the Veracross database; click here for a listing by name and grade.
Annual Fund First! Ambassadors
- The ambassadors play a vital role in educating parents about the importance of supporting the Annual Fund First! In addition to making their own gifts, they encourage and promote both leadership and participation.
- Email addresses and telephone numbers for all Annual Fund First! Ambassadors may be accessed through the Veracross database. Click here for a listing.
Special Event Volunteers
- Jamboree & Haunted House (annual event)
- A fun afternoon of carnival games, crafts, food, class fundraisers, and a Haunted House for students, parents, alumni, family, and friends
- Pinewood Auction & Dinner (biennial event)
- A night of dining, dancing, and exciting items available for bidding
- Past venues have included the Computer History Museum and the Four Seasons Hotel
- Pinewood Golf Classic (biennial event)
- A great way for new and returning golfing parents to meet other Pinewood families
- Past venues have included the Stanford Golf Course, the Los Altos Golf & Country Club, and the Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club.
Volunteers make a meaningful difference at Pinewood School. Your gift of time and talent is vital to our community and it also allows you a chance to meet fellow parents, students, and staff. Depending on your availability and interests, there are countless ways to volunteer; parents can help plan events or assist during the activities. For K-6 parents, click here to access the online volunteer sign-up form. The following opportunities are supported by our parent community:
- Advocates for Change Lunch Volunteers (3-6)
- Art Volunteers (2)
- Athletic Coaches (4-6)
- Class Photographers (K-6)
- Common Ground Speaker Series
- Halloween Party (K-6)
- Holiday Gift Certificates
- International Walk/Bike to School Day (K-6)
- Los Altos Pet Parade (K-6)
- Lost and Found (K-6)
- Lunchtime Events: Diwali (K-6), Holi (K-6), Chinese New Year (K-2), and Pi Day (3-6)
- Lunchtime Volunteers (3-6)
- National D.E.A.R. - Drop Everything and Read - Day (K-6)
- Pinewood Special Events: Auction & Dinner, Golf Classic, and Jamboree
- Play Coordinator (K-6)
- Summer Internship Program (11-12)
- Teachers Appreciation Luncheon
- Teachers Monthly Treats (K-6)
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Uniform Swap (K-6)
- Valentine Party (K-6)