Thank you for your interest in Pinewood School. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates or employees in any aspect of employment regardless of their race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in accordance with existing state or federal law or regulations, in the administration of Pinewood School's admissions policies, school programs and activities, or employment practices.
We are looking for applicants who have vision, energy, a strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for working with motivated, college-bound students.
- K-2 Learning Specialist
- Status: 60% time for the 2017-18 academic year
- Responsibilities include:
- Working with faculty to identify students who are having academic difficulties and who may be in need of learning support
- Working with students one on one or in small groups who need learning support connected to the curriculum in order to be successful in the classroom
- Observing students in and outside of class in order to provide feedback to teachers, parents, and principals to better serve the needs of the students
- Guiding teachers on how to differentiate instruction for a variety of learning styles
- Collaborating effectively with teachers in order to implement recommended classroom accommodations and interventions
- Case management of students with learning differences
- Making referrals to appropriate outside specialists
- Preparing and presenting documentation regarding students receiving services to teachers and administrators, including summaries of the students’ learning disabilities, learning styles, type of support being offered
- Reviewing screenings and evaluations with parents, teachers, and evaluators to design a support plan
- Providing professional development for teachers
- Attending grade level meetings and following up on any recommendations for action that arise at those meetings
- Providing feedback to teachers on a regular basis
- Communicating effectively with parents on a regular basis regarding students’ needs and/or progress
- Attending regular monthly faculty meetings
- 3-5 years teaching experience is preferred
- Masters degree in learning disabilities or a related field
- Able to provide 3-5 professional references
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Karen O'Donnell, Lower Campus Principal, at email@example.com.
- No telephone calls.